You’ve put a lot of time and effort into creating your business. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re already established, a registered trademark will help expand the protection of your brand nationwide.
- Federal direct-hit search of the federal database
- Your application reviewed for completeness and filed with the USPTO
- 30 days to speak with an attorney to help you through the process
Common things you CAN trademark:
- NameMost commonly your company’s name, but also a line of products or sub-entity directly tied to the marketing and sale of your products and services.
- LogoYour company logo or other symbol or design used to create brand recognition.
- PhraseYour company slogan or other phrase used as a brand for your products or services.
Common things you CANNOT trademark:
- IdeaThere’s no effective way to protect an idea itself, but an idea in the form of an invention can be protected by a patent.
- Creative WorkCreative works such as books, films, songs or theatrical performances can be protected by a copyright.
- SoftwareWhile you can trademark the name and logo for software, the software program itself can be protected by a copyright.